Saturday, March 19, 2022

Old House Location, Fred and Myrtle (Dendy) Duncan

  ©  Kathy Duncan, 2022

Many people don't use Facebook because of the negativity and drama, which, granted, is the downside of the social media site. The upside is that a lot of family and genealogy information travels through it on a regular basis that would be missed otherwise.

Someone from the area where my parents were raised posted this picture recently. It happens to be the footprint of the first house where my paternal grandparents, Fred and Myrtle (Dendy) Duncan, lived when they first married. My father was born there.

The jonquils mark the exterior of the old house. This spot is currently located in the Burkett's pasture off of County Rd 3325 N west of Avery, Texas and north of Hwy 82. The house was some distance off the east side of the road. My great-grandparents, Richard and Susie (Nevill) Duncan lived on the west side of the same road, and a bit south, closer to what is now Hwy 82. 




2 comments:

  1. Someone in my hometown posted a photo of a house taken around 1920. Sitting on the porch was her great grandmother who she named. I commented on the post that her great grandmother and my great grandmother were sisters! We ended up meeting and she shared a copy of the two sisters and identified family members in a photo that both of us had - so that I could see identified photos of my great grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful for you. Pictures and a new cousin! I find that the more you poke around, post, and talk to people, the more goodies turn up!!

      Delete

I will always try to respond to your comments. If you are anonymous and cannot be reached by email and if you do not choose to follow responses to your comments, then please check back here for a response.