Friday, January 1, 2021

So Long 2020, It's Been Real

   ©  Kathy Duncan, 2021





















The end of the year brings with it time to reflect on my progress this past year. 

The year ended with a total of 112,923 page views, 18,488 for the year.

The most popular post for the year was Jack Pope Murdered Lewis Dorer, which recounts how Jack Pope had murdered another Red River County, Texas, resident over 25 years before he murdered his wife and her family in Oklahoma.

The second most popular post for the year was Lodowick Thompson of Lancaster and Kershaw Counties, SC, which reviewed the records of my 4th great-grandfather in both counties as well as Southampton County, Virginia.

The third most popular post for the year was The House That Compassion Built, which of the three was my personal favorite. It recounts the story of a little house that a community built for my great-grandmother and her children as well as their later move from Titus County, Texas to Red River County, Texas. 

The most thrilling post for me was Iley N Selph From the Harding/Dabb Collection, which I was only able to write because I was contacted by Shelley Ledbetter who had located a large collection of photographs and documents from my husband's extended family in an antique shop in Missouri. Among the many items were two photographs of my husband's grandfather and one of his great-grandfather. I was able to acquire the collection and will be posting about it for a long time into the future. 

The post that represented my best breakthrough was Granderson D. Nevill Takes a Wife, which recounts how I located yet another wife for Granderson D. Nevill. She was Kitty Ann, and for now, she is considered his fourth wife out of five. There is, of course, plenty of room for him to have had more wives who are as yet unknown. 

Here's hoping that 2021 is much better than 2020. At this point, it's hard to see how it couldn't be. The best to you in the New Year, and I hope you break through your own research brick walls in the coming year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will always try to respond to your comments. If you are anonymous and cannot be reached by email and if you do not choose to follow responses to your comments, then please check back here for a response.