Monday, March 25, 2019

Richard E. Duncan's Barn Burned

©  Kathy Duncan, 2019


For me, genealogy is so much more than collecting names and dates. Whenever possible, I like to flesh out the stories about my family. Newspapers are one way to that.

The following article about my great-grandfather Richard E. Duncan turned up this evening.




In the spring of 1933, in the first part of the Great Depression, his barn burned. In that fire, he lost almost all of his seed corn for the year. This would have impacted his crop for 1933 and for the following year. This is not a family story that I ever heard before, so I don't know what he did that year to make a corn crop. Regrettably, there's no one to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will always try to respond to your comments. If you are anonymous and cannot be reached by email and if you do not choose to follow responses to your comments, then please check back here for a response.