Sunday, June 27, 2021

Email Subscribers to Porch Swings

       ©  Kathy Duncan, 2021

If you don't follow many blogs, you may not realize that the email subscription service, Feedburner, used by most Google bloggers will be discontinued sometime in July or shortly thereafter. That means that if you are an email subscriber to this blog, you will no longer receive email notifications of new blog posts.

After a lot of searching, wringing of hands, and gnashing of teeth, I have selected a new subscription service called Follow.it. The only problem is that Follow.it will only let me import 100 email users. Until this big upheaval happened, I had no idea how many of you were subscribing by email! Turns out, there are almost 300 of you. 

Since I cannot import all of you, I have decided to have you resubscribe by email with Follow.it. This will give you the option to opt-in or opt-out. The new email subscription service can be found on the upper right side of the blog page and is currently titled "New Email Subscription." It is easy to subscribe. 

For a short time, you may be receiving duplicate emails, for which I apologize. I will probably delete the Feedburner email in a couple of weeks. If I see that most of you have migrated to the new service, I will delete it sooner. 

Another option for you is to "follow" through Google if you use your Google blog reader. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I will always try to respond to your comments. If you are anonymous and cannot be reached by email and if you do not choose to follow responses to your comments, then please check back here for a response.